Monday, December 11, 2017

Back in the Saddle (but probably just for today)!

I can't believe it's been a MONTH since I've posted on here. MAN...I'm slacking.

I started this blog to kind of journal our experiences with raising Joshua...to have something to share with my children, and their children, one day. This technology will probably be obsolete in 10 years...SO WHAT AM I EVEN DOING?

We're doing well...just busy, I guess.

We had a great Thanksgiving. Our middle son, Logan, and his wife, Morgan, were home for nearly a week. We had to share them with her family, but we still got to see them a LOT!

Since they'd had a traditional Thanksgiving meal with her family Thursday morning, I decided to make a NON-traditional meal for us on Thursday night: marinated flank steak, roasted green beans, mac'n'cheese...stuff like that.

It was good.

Also? SIDE NOTE: I can hardly type the word, "traditional" anymore. Joshua calls it, "TRANditional," so that's what we say here at home...and probably will say it forever.

I catch myself all the time...saying things the way he says them. Like, it's just normal to me...but I'm sure everyone else thinks I'm from the hills.

We tried to get a family picture for our annual Christmas card, and it was every bit as fun as you can imagine...when one of the 9 people needed their nap, and another one wanted to hold our crazy dog, Beelzebub, minion of the realm of darkness.

After several attempts, background changes, etc...I'm happy to say we ended up with...NOTHING.

We ended up with NOTHING.

NO PICTURE.

It's a first for our family.

I mean, as homely and cheesey as we are...as wild as the stages of life have been...as many times as the weather hasn't cooperated, or one person has been sick, or another one was picking leaves off the tree and throwing them on their brother during the picture...we have always managed to get SOMETHING.

Not this year.

I'm kind of sad about it.

But thankful? OH MY WORD, I am so thankful. These 9 people mean the world to me.

So undeserving of the blessings God gives me each day.

"Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done." (Psalm 105:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment