Monday, June 5, 2017

Mother's Day & Moving

When you have a bunch of kids, there will likely be times when you can't be there for everything.

As parents, we all just do the best we can with that...amiright?

There are also times when not all of our kids can be together with us at the same time, which makes me sad...but it can't always be helped.

We had a fun weekend over Mother's Day. We went to a college graduation on Saturday, and got to see our youngest...as well as several friends.Then, on Sunday, after church, we drove 2 1/2 hours to our middle son's town, and helped them move into their new place.

My daughter-in-law apologized over and over for "messing up" my Mother's Day. I was, like, "THIS IS LIFE."

Unless I've just forgotten it (which is totally possible, bc OLD), I don't ever remember my kids making me breakfast in bed, or anything like that.

And I've (apparently) slept through my Mother's Day parade for the last...ummm...31 years!

So packing. loading, unloading, cleaning? With my children?

There's nowhere else I would rather be.

I can't even count the times we've done the whole "load the trailer" thing, for us...or for one of our kids. I've learned a lot of things from our many moves, but there's one thing that stands out, and that is this: the words, "all tied down, boys...THAT'S not going ANYWHERE," mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

"The Lord is like a father to his children, tender and compassionate to those who fear Him." Psalm 103:13

No comments:

Post a Comment