Saturday, June 3, 2017

Memorial Day 2017

The Sunday morning before Memorial Day, I got up and got ready for church. I put on a navy and white dress, and white sandals. I put on a red, white, and blue necklace. And I thought of my Mom...

I thought of how she always dressed my 3 siblings and I in navy and white and red on Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day, Veteran's Day...and how, in turn, I dressed my 4 littles the same way on all of the patriotic holidays.

I thought of my Dad...so full of love for our country.

He always made sure we knew that the path to our country's freedom was paved with the blood of the men and women who served and fought and died for it. He made sure we knew to respect our military and our president (every president) and our flag.

He also made sure we knew that, while our soldiers died to ensure our country's freedom...JESUS died to ensure our soul's freedom. His death saved us from the penalty of sin, and assures us a place in eternity with Him.

"All gave some; some gave all."

"Jesus paid it all...all to Him I owe. Sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow."

"But the Scriptures declare that we are all prisoners of sin, so we receive God’s promise of freedom only by believing in Jesus Christ." Galatians 3:22

No comments:

Post a Comment