Tuesday, April 30, 2013

My Bowies

Is it just me, or are boys just a mess?

I mean, I guess I should be used to it by now, seeing that we have THREE of them. Ha!

Joshua is so different from the other two...and not in the way you'd expect! I'm just sayin' that if you went into their bedrooms, not knowing whose room was whose...you'd find one that looked like a tornado hit it, and one as neat as a pin. People might naturally assume that the messy room belonged to Joshua, and might think, "bless his heart." But they would be SO WRONG!

Joshua's room is the neat one! Bed made (every day), clothes put up (every day), everything in place (every day). Clark's room (and Logan's room when he's home from college) is awful. Seriously. Clark hasn't even slept in his own room since school started back...in JANUARY. Hello? He sleeps all over the place...family room...living room...Logan's empty room. And if I ask him why he isn't sleeping in his own room, he says, "no reason." I'm guessing maybe he can't find the bed?

My boys.

They are LOUD. I was in the kitchen making breakfast on Saturday morning, and two of the boys came in and started having some sort of imaginary Star Wars fight. And I should mention that one is a Junior in College, and one is a Sophomore in High School. Apparently, I was sliced right across the middle with a light saber...I didn't know it because I was MAKING BISCUITS AND GRAVY at the time.

And there are several little words or phrases that one of us will say that will result in some or all of us bursting into song. And before you think we are all VonTrapp-ish, let me put that to rest right now. I asked Logan what time he was heading home. And then I caught myself and said, "I mean, heading back to SCHOOL...because you're already HOME." I barely got the words out of my mouth when Logan and Clark burst into a loud, irreverent, redneck version of "I'm Already There..." by Lonestar. 

Good times.

My boys.

And maybe it's just my boys, but I can tell exactly what they've done...because they leave a trail. Right now, as I look around my home, the mess tells the story...

There's a soccer ball in the middle of the family room floor...that's because Logan was kicking it around IN THE HOUSE over the weekend. That's why we can't have nice things. Ha! There are clothes and shoes on and under the family room couch...because, apparently, that's where Clark slept. There's a kitchen chair pulled up to the built-ins in the family room. Clark needed it to climb on to hook up some wires on the TV, and then just left the chair there. There are cabinet doors open in the family room, because they were looking for the remote to the dvd player...And open cabinets in the kitchen. Speaking of the kitchen, OH MY! Open jars, cups sitting in puddles of water, spoons with dried ice-cream or Nutella on them...the oven was left on, even though there's nothing in it cooking!

My Boys!

And, yes, we did teach them manners and housekeeping skills, and they DO use them (sorta)...most of the time. It's just that, with Logan away at college, when he comes home and everyone is all together...manners and housekeeping seem to go out the window because of all the fun they are having.

I LOVE MY BOYS, but they are makin' me crazy!

"Let the high praises of God be in their mouth..." Psalm 149:6

1 comment:

  1. oh.my.word. YES!! I always love finding someone who "gets" it! Someone who understands the world of being a boy mom!! I always tell my friends that I'm just not going to invest in nice things because my living room regularly becomes some sort of sports field or wrestling ring! ha! And the loudness. Oh my, the loudness!! I'm chuckling because reading this post is like a peek into my future ~ and it makes my heart smile!! These boys of mine are crazy, loud, messy but oh they are so much fun!! (and its great to find out that i'm not alone!!) =)

    ReplyDelete