Monday, October 1, 2012

The View


It's October 1!

This morning, since we didn't have any plans until after lunch...I decided, after Clark and Jim both left and Joshua had eaten breakfast...to crawl back into my bed. I took Jim's iPAD and turned on the tv and snuggled all up in the covers. Ahhh...

But I'm not a big 'napper' type of person, and so that lasted about 10 minutes before I decided to pad into the kitchen and face the day. It was about 8:30. I knew I had some errands to run and a package to mail to Logan later, but last night I decided that I would make some cookies to send to him today as well. My kitchen was a WRECK from the night before when I decided to make homemade ice-cream and it took...ohhh...almost SIX HOURS to make...from start to finish.

Good times.

I was unloading the dishwasher when I heard the lock turn in the door. It about freaked me out, because I knew Jim had to go out-of-town today...and Clark was already at school. Eeek!

It was Jim.

He had forgotten his cell phone.

He rushed into the bedroom to get it and paused as he passed by the kitchen...and just stared...

Let me paint the picture: The kitchen is a wreck. My hair has not been combed and I am wearing NO make-up. I've got on pink flowered-y pajamas...top and bottom. I have on my short, white robe with the blue and yellow flowers on it. I've had this robe for at least 15 years. Maybe more. (I'm pretty sure my sister has pictures to prove this). When I got up early to pack Clark's lunch, my feet were cold, so I put on some white crew socks. So, the robe comes down to my knees. The pajama pants are capris and hit 2 inches below my knees. There's about 3 inches between the pajama pants and the top of the white socks...where you just see my lovely, dry skin. And to top off this ensemble...I am wearing my pink pig slippers.

A vision, I tell you.

Take it ALLLLLLL in big boy!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment