Monday, September 17, 2012

Unsettled

Unsettled.

That's how I am feeling. 

This house doesn't feel like "home" yet. Our other house is still on the market. I see people I don't know everywhere I go...football, church, the grocery. It's gettin' old. 

(Hello, I don't believe we've met. I'm Wendy Whiner)

About 2 weeks ago, we had some "lookers" come to our house in Bryant. We were excited to find out that it was their 2nd time to view our house! After their visit, the realtor called Jim and gently suggested that we "update" that house.

Ugh.

Not really trying to put a lot of money into a house that we are trying to sell.

I see it, tho...what they are saying. About the house. It's plain...but isn't that okay? I mean, for the price? It's a huge house and we had a ton of happy memories there. It wasn't perfect when we moved in...but we were okay with it. We changed a few things, and I painted a lot...but for the most part, we left it the way it was. It was big and comfortable and homey...and there was room for everyone.

I don't think I would ever let a paint color determine whether or not we would buy a house. 

But that's just me.

One of the houses I looked at before we bought our Conway house...had a white wall with a GIANT Wampus Cat (Conway's mascot) head painted on it in BRIGHT, royal blue. The homeowner had placed a sticky-note on the wall that said they would be happy to recommend an artist that would paint anything we wanted on that wall.

(I just hope it wasn't the same person who painted it on there the first time, because Joshua Garland could have done a better job. I'm just sayin'.)

Now let me just say here and now that I'm a fan of the Wampus Cats...or, I'm slowly getting there. But I would have NO PROBLEM whatsoever slappin' a coat of paint over that Cat head. No ma'am. None at all.

This house we eventually bought in Conway, it's not perfect. I would not have chosen it, but Jim loved it and I wanted him to be happy. I know we will make great memories here, too. There is still work to be done here in this house, but it's had to be placed on the back-burner while we tend to things in Bryant. And things are MUCH BETTER since Leanne, Robin and Kevin worked their magic here.

So, I have been spending time working on the house in Bryant...updating the kitchen cabinets and painting in the master bedroom and bath. Holly has helped me a lot, and for that, I am grateful.

We are also very thankful that Holly and Aaron have been able to live in that house while it is still for sale...and oh my goodness...she has it decorated so cute! I think it helps to have someone living there. So while we are anxious to get the house sold, we definitely see God's timing at work.

I still feel unsettled, but, as my friend, Ruth says, "it's just a season."

On another note: Joshua asked me this week if Jim and I ever "square-danced" in our bed at night...and, if so, had we ever fallen out of bed. Eeek!

"...He is your constant source of stability..." (Isaiah 33:6a)


No comments:

Post a Comment