Thursday, June 28, 2018

"TRUTH ON THE GO" My One and Only Time on the Radio!

I did something new last week: I was on the radio! 

Actually it was on my friend, Andrea Lennon’s, “Truth on the Go!” radio program! 

We taped a couple of episodes for broadcast in a few weeks. I was nervous when I got there, but Andrea and Bethany are such pros, that I relaxed right away. 

In one segment, Andrea asked me to share something I was “passionate” about. Like, what is the thing that fuels me...what motivates me...what means the most to me. 

It took me a minute to formulate what to say, and to think, “what would God want me to say?” 

I’m passionate about Jesus, my family, and making sure the new or “different” people feel welcome. I’m passionate about #advocatinglikeamother for Joshua, and his friends. I’m passionate about letting people know, “hey, I see you...I understand (or I don’t)...you are not forgotten.” 

Because haven’t we all felt forgotten or alone at one time or another? 

I’m passionate about women connecting with each other, which I think is what I ended up talking about. 

What I really wanted to talk about, but there wasn’t enough time, was the importance of the body of Christ. Or, how important it’s been in my life. 

I realize the body of Christ is bigger than any one church, but I love the local church. 

The main focus and mission of “the church” is to reach others for Christ. And, because we don’t want to leave them to face the world on their own, we bring them into our church body...so they can learn more about Jesus, and connect with others. 

Why? 

Because we crave community, and we can find that in church. 

Strength, support, encouragement....people who will walk beside us in good times and hard...people who will pray for us. 

I know that, for some, church has not been a good place...or a safe place. They’ve been hurt by the words or actions of others. I hear ya, and I’m so sorry. We should never, ever gloss over things like that, because they.are.wrong. 

But, in my experience, for every wrong or hurtful thing said or done in church, there have been a thousand good and kind things said and done in church. 

If you can’t find the kind of friends and support you want in your church, then maybe that’s not where you’re supposed to be. 

Or, maybe it IS where you’re supposed to be...being the friend, holding the banner, blazing the way, being the cheerleader, giving support...for someone else.

"And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of His return is drawing near." Hebrews 10:25

No comments:

Post a Comment