Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Randomness

Hello there, blog.

I nearly forgot about ye.

Just kidding. Things are moving and changing so much around here...honestly, I have things whirling around in my head but I just can't concentrate. ON ANYTHING. Ugh. It is so frustrating. But I know if I don't MAKE myself sit down and write a few thoughts, they will be gone forever.

I know, right? What a great loss.

So, Joshua had his last outing for the summer. He will really miss his routine...and miss seeing his friends. I will have to make an effort to get together with them over the summer. Let's see, what else...OH! Logan moved home and OH.MY.WORD. the stuff that child brought into this house. How in the world did it all fit into a small dorm room? It SURE doesn't fit into his bedroom. I wish I had taken a picture of all of it. He piled it up on top of the ping-pong table. Stacks everywhere. And some on the floor.

Did I mention we are trying to keep the house neat for any prospective buyers?

And, Clark...it's really hard to figure that kid out. My heart aches for him...I know he is really sad about the move. I am, so I'm sure it's even harder for him. It has just been hanging over our heads for so long...since November...and now that it's time, we are all ready to just GO already. I mean, it's inevitable, right?

We've been able to see Holly and Aaron several times lately, which I always love. Sure wish they lived closer. Jim says I would like it if they lived in the backyard, and to that I say "nuh-uhhhh." 

We've had lots of kids we know getting married, and more to come. We've had high school and college graduations (and more to come). We've had a couple in our SS class get engaged! Yay for weddings! I think it's that time of year. We've celebrated family birthdays and anniversaries...and have more of them to come this summer! Such fun times!

We found a house we like in our new town and now have a contract on it. We've listed our home here with a realtor. Things are moving along. It is really hard for it to be SUMMER time and to have THREE boys here and to keep the house neat and clean. I don't think "boys" and "neat" go together, but maybe that's just me. And maybe that's just my boys. Because clothes drop off their bodies at various times of the day and in various places...shoes, shirts...MORE SHOES. It's like the rapture has just happened.

(seriously, they have no room to say a WORD about their sister having lots of shoes).

I have to get up and get ready early now. No more padding around in my robe and pig slippers until mid-morning. I've got to clean house and pick up and make things look nice. You know, make the "fake house?" Yeah. Like anyone could ever truly live like that. I can do ALL the laundry so that you can actually SEE THE FLOOR in the laundry room (I can almost hear the angels singing). Just as I am about to get a sense of pride and accomplishment, I can 'round the corner into the kitchen and...no sign of a human anywhere, mind you...but there will be 3 pairs of shoes on the floor, a cap hung on a chair, and food left out on the table. Wha...what? I can literally trace their steps...what they did, what they ate, where they made it, etc. Because they LEAVE A TRAIL. And then...POOF! They're gone!

These are the things that make me crazy right now...and the things that I miss when it's Fall and the house is quiet again.

It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for He gives to His beloved sleep. Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD..." Psalm 127:2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment